One of the more unique systems of ArcheAge is that of the language system. Upon creating a character, your character will have 100% proficiency in their own race's language (which only their race can understand), as well as 100% proficiency in the continent dialect (which all races allied with that continent can understand). Although it is impossible to learn any specific race's language at this time, you do have the opportunity to learn the opposing alliance's continent dialect through the use of tutors.
To put it simply:
- BOTH the Firran AND the Harani are both able to speak the Haranya continent dialect
- ONLY the Firran are able to speak the Firran race language
- ONLY the Harani are able to speak the Harani race language
- BOTH Nuians AND Elves are able to speak the Nuia continent dialect
- ONLY Nuians are able to speak the Nuian race language
- ONLY Elves are able to speak the Elf race language
There are several commands available to you to change which language you are speaking.
- To speak only the Firran language, type /firran
- To speak only the Harani language, type /harani
- To speak only the Nuian language, type /nuian
- To speak only the Elf langauge, type /elf
The language commands do not need to be typed at the beginning of every sentence, as the setting remains until changed using another command. By default you speak the allied continent's dialect.
To use a continent dialect, type either /nuia or /haranya.
Learning Language[edit | edit source]
Public tutors are available in the cities of Marianople on the western continent and City of Towers on the eastern continent, and only at certain times of the day (Must be looked into to track times). Players can also craft a cushion to be placed in their homes to summon a private tutor who can be used to learn the dialect more quickly. To use a public tutor, players must provide 1 The Art of Language book and spend 50 labor points to increase their proficiency by 0.5%. To use a private tutor, players must provide 1 The Art of Language book and spend 100 labor points to increase their proficiency by 1%. Each tutor has a separate cooldown of 4 hours. As your proficiency increases, you will be able to understand and speak more of the language.